Sunday, December 31, 2006

Seeking Originality

Whoops, I just found out a few days ago that the highly original blog name I'm using is already being used by a well-established blawg that's been around for several years. (I missed using "the" with "common scold" when I Googled the term.) In deference to someone else's carefully tended turf and to avoid readership confusion, I've offered to change my blog's name.

I'll be silent for a bit while I think of something else clever to call this. My last posting at this site will include info on my new blog's name & location.

Some titles &/or catch phrases I'm considering include:

  • Rusty Magnolia -- flaky but strong
  • Aluminum Magnolia -- cheap but strong
  • The Lone Deranger
  • Burb Blurts

But nothing sounds just right. I want to have a name with these characteristics:

  • not easily misspelled
  • fairly short
  • no hyphens
  • catchy
  • a name that covers all types of posts I might want to do -- crankiness, oddities I've noticed, humor, vents/rants, etc. -- both the good and the bad stuff

So I'm still pondering. Cheers! - CR

No comments: