Friday, December 15, 2006

Ha-Ha, I'm Serious

A recent Boing Boing posting led me to an oddly endearing and disturbing animation at YouTube that showcased a bullied child's diary. I was at first irked that someone was mocking a child's private anger, but I read in the comments that it's part of a stage show where people read angsty postings from their childhood journals. People find it therapeutic to read these old entries on stage, and audiences are lapping it up as they laugh along.

Good lord. I could keep them going for YEARS. Mental note: Dig around in the attic and unearth my old diaries to see if there are any formerly painful moments to smile about now. Possible blog fodder, or at least my teen will get a giggle or two from them. Maybe even a moment of identification with ol' Mom.

In the comments to the bullied boy's video, someone spelled out today's quote of the day:

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious."
~ Peter Ustinov

No comments: